Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This bug theme is running out of juice

When I started this I knew it could not last forever. After going for three or four days without seeing any insects of note, I am now contemplating changing the theme of this blog to something else. Its hard to say goodbye when you've had so many good times together, but if I may quote myself "all good things must come to an end". Yes I just made that saying up. Right "off the top of my head" as I also like to say, when I made that saying up as well. Perhaps this blog can continue as an anthology of my great phraseology, or maybe I can add a 500 word tribute to my new mini fridge. As the end of the era of my insect blogging ends I leave you with the only pitiful specimen I have encountered in the past week.

This fella was quite dead when I found him. Upon returning with some tissue to dispose of the carcass I found nothing there. He was gone, to a better place I suppose. I then noticed the smug look on my cats face, the look of a cat that has eaten the perfect thing to barf up later.

3 comments:

NJ Pigno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NJ Pigno said...

What goes up must come down. This is a phrase I coined, of course. Keep writing, Hank, whatever the theme, I trust that it will be good reading.

B.T. said...

That's what you get for starving your cats to death.